Last updated August 15, 2022.
Welcome to Debound. We are passionately creating an education that helps children learn Extracurriculars, despite a titghtly packed daily routine.
Debound is a product of SecretStencil Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
These terms and conditions outline the Payments Policy for the use of Secretstencil Technologies Pvt. Ltd.'s Website, located at www.debound.in.
By accessing this website we assume you accept this Payments Policy. Do not continue to use Debound if you do not agree to take all of the clauses of the Payments Policy stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Payments Policy, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
For Learners, Debound does not charge any fee for registration and account creation. However, certain Services offered by Debound may be chargeable. Accordingly, access to certain Services and features is offered by Debound through a multi- tiered paid subscription plan(s) or purchases; the details of the Services and applicable features along with their corresponding prices can be found on our Site and/or Application(“Subscription”/ “Subscription Service”). You can purchase Subscriptions by following the instructions you encounter as you navigate through the Platform. The terms that are applicable to Your purchase of Subscription(s) -
- Purchase of a Subscription will allow you access only to the content available under the category of content for which you have purchased the Subscription.
- The Services offered, and the validity/term of your Subscription (“Subscription Period”)may vary depending on the plan you may purchase. Hence, before you proceed to purchase any Subscription, please read and understand the details of the Subscription(s) you intend to purchase on the Platform. If you are unclear about any part of the Subscription offering or need further clarification, then please feel free to write to us prior to your purchase at email address provided in the ‘Contact for User Support/Queries’ section below.
- We may personalize Services and feature them as part of Subscriptions, including showing you recommendations on content in the subscribed category, and other related categories that might be of interest to you. We also endeavor to continuously improve the Subscription offerings to improve your Platform experience.
- Subscription Period may be extended upon renewal of your already purchased Subscription. The terms of renewal, if any, can be found on our Site and/or Application. However, please note that the prices may stand revised from the time of your first purchase of the Subscription.
- The Subscription is of a personal nature and is solely for the benefit of the person subscribing and is not allowed to be resold by you or transferred to or shared with any other person for consideration or otherwise. In the event we get to know that any User has resold / transferred / shared Subscription with another person, then Debound retains the right to cancel/terminate the Subscription forthwith.
- Depending on the Subscription Service you have purchased, you may be given access to certain additional Services and features. The additional terms applicable to each of these additional Services may be made available to you on the Platform in the form of terms and conditions or FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) for that specific Service or may be otherwise communicated to you. Hence, please be sure to go through the Platform Terms to understand the additional services, if any made available to you, and how you can avail the same.
Pricing and Payments
You can purchase a Subscription Service of your choice for any category(ies) of content by following instructions on the Platform and making the payment applicable for the Subscription you intend to purchase.
Please read the below terms applicable for the purchase of your Platform Subscription. The below terms are to be read with any other terms communicated to you at the time of purchase of your Subscription:
- You agree to pay all Subscription fees and charges that are attributable to your account on the Platform and that you are solely responsible for the payment of these fees and charges. The Subscriptions are payable in full and in advance and are valid until the completion of the applicable Subscription Period or until otherwise canceled or terminated in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- If you have specifically authorized us, then the payments for the applicable Subscriptions are automatically charged at the beginning of each billing period, unless you withdraw your authorization or submit a cancellation request to us directly through your account prior to the start of the billing period or in writing via email to the address specified in the ‘Contact for User Support/Queries’ section below. The payment for your Subscription will be charged upon the anniversary of its billing period if the payments for the Subscription are in more than a single tranche. Subject to your specific authorization and applicable laws, you agree that Debound may charge any recurring service to the credit card or debit card or account that you provide/link at the time of your first purchase of the Subscription or as updated by you through your account on the Platform, provided such updation takes place prior to upcoming billing period.
- If you have not completed payments for your Subscriptions, we may restrict/suspend your access to the Platform until your account becomes current and paid in full.
- We reserve the right to pursue the fee owed to us using collection methods which may include charging other payment methods on file with us and/or retaining collection agencies or legal counsel.
- Your payments to Debound shall be subject to applicable taxes including without limitation Goods and Service Taxes (GST) and Value Added Taxes (VAT) or other similar taxes as may be applicable in your country of residence/from where you have created your account on the Platform/ purchased the underlying Subscriptions.
- We reserve the right to change/revise the pricing of the Subscriptions. For existing Subscriptions for which the applicable fees have been already received by us, we will implement the price changes during the next billing period or renewal of the Subscription.
- We further reserve the right to offer custom plans and pricing (including discounts and/or special offers) in addition to what is offered on the Platform, which includes offering custom billing and payment terms, that are different from our standard terms.
We use third-party payment gateways and/or aggregators to process payments applicable to the Services offered by us. Third-party payment gateway(s) made available to you may vary depending on the Subscription you choose. Similarly, we have also enabled the integration of third-party payment providers to facilitate better payment options for you, which may vary depending on your territory or the Subscription you choose. Third-party payment gateways/aggregators and third-party payment providers shall collectively be referred to as “Third-Party Service Providers”.
- Further, pursuant to the payment option you may choose, you may be required to enter into a separate agreement with the relevant Third-Party Service Provider. This agreement with the Third-Party Service Provider is an independent contract/agreement between you and such Third-Party Service Provider and Debound shall in no manner be a party to the same. Debound is only facilitating various payment options to you and is not offering the payment by itself in any manner.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all charges that occur through such Third-Party Service Providers and acknowledge and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Debound, its licensors, their affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from any loss arising out of or related to the use of the Platform or any purchases made through the Platform. This obligation will survive your use of the Platform and termination of your Agreement with us. For purposes of the Platform Terms, “Loss” means all losses, liabilities, damages, awards, settlements, claims, suits, proceedings, costs, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and disbursements and costs of investigation, litigation, settlement, judgment, interest, and penalties). Debound shall not be liable to you for any claims arising out of any act or omission on the part of the Third-Party Service Provider(s) including, but not limited to, any lost, stolen, or incorrectly processed payments. Debound expressly disclaims any responsibility and liability for all services provided by the Third-Party Service Provider(s).
- Please note that all Subscription payments are collected by Debound only through the Platform and not through any third parties (except Third-Party Service Provider(s)). We do not usually authorize any third party (except Third-Party Service Provider(s)) to collect monies on our behalf; however, if we have authorized any third party then such third party will have received a written authorization from Debound either by way of any agreement or an authorization letter. Kindly verify with such third party before you make any payments to them, alternatively, you can always check with us by writing to us at email address provided under the ‘Contact for User Support/Queries’ section below.
- Further, Debound is solely authorized to offer discounts / offers, if any, on the Subscription prices. These discounts / offers are communicated on the Platform or via direct communication to you from Debound via email, SMS, phone, or such other means of communication, and can be availed only through the Platform, unless otherwise specifically communicated by Debound. Other than Debound, no person, including without limitation, Content Providers or any third-party platform, are allowed to offer any discounts on the Subscription prices offered on the Platform. Debound shall not be liable for any claims arising from such unauthorized discounts / offers offered by any person (including any third- party platform or Content Provider), other than Debound.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- You may cancel your Subscription through your account on the Platform. However, please note that the cancellation will become effective at the end of the then-current billing period; in other words, we will not renew your Subscription, but the existing Subscription will continue until the end of its billing period and there shall be no refund of the fee already paid for the same, unless otherwise specified in the Refund Policy. So, please read these terms and conditions and the Refund Policy carefully before purchasing any Subscription.
- When you cancel your Subscription, Debound may disable access to features made available to you upon your purchase of Subscription, while your account may continue to exist on the Platform.